Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Few Introductions

Hi Family and happy Saturday!

  Rachel and I have spent most of today lounging about and resting because, well, it's Saturday and we can :)  But despite my lazy mood due to a very busy week, I wanted to introduce a few of my favorite people from here at the center.  First up Francis!


This little girl is so sweet and when she laughs, she has the most adorable dimples!  She has a tiny mouth that reminds me of my sister when she was first born.  Now while Francis looks like a perfectly healthy baby, she cannot sit up on her own and can barely hold her head up.  This wouldn't be a problem if she was younger, but Francis is 9 months old.  She should be crawling and learning to stand on her own two wobbly legs but she can't because malnourishment has stunted her growth so severely, she doesn't even resemble a toddler her age.  Babies like Francis are the reason why this malnutrition center exists.  The nannies and nurses here pour their hearts and souls into caring for and nursing this sick kids back to health and I am so blessed to be a part of it.


This little guy, Hugo, is offcially my long lost brother who I've always wanted and never had.  No really, I love this little boy so much it hurts!  Every time I see him he runs up to me calling my name and jumps into my arms and it never fails to warm my heart.  Finally here is the pair responsible for keeping Rachel and I fed: Art and Ilvie!

  This sweet couple live here at the center roughly 6 months out of the year and cook for the interns and teams that come to live and work at the center.  Rachel and I never know what fabulous new meal will be waiting for us when Mr. Art hollers for us to come down and eat our supper.  We appreciate their hard work so much and they treat us like family :)
  Today was a wonderful restful day that we finished by helping feed the bunnies their dinner and change and get them dressed for bed.  I am pretty much over my sickness and I'm overjoyed to say the least!  Tonight, Rachel and I are going old school with a movie night, the internet is slow but we will buffer through it ;) (see what I did there? eh, eh?)
Love,
Cierra

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are better and are able to be with your darling little ones! Did you enjoy your movie night? Not too much "buffering" I hope!
    -m-

    ReplyDelete