Thursday, October 10, 2013

Upcoming Mini Vacation!

Hola mi amigos!
  I have to say I am sooo excited because tomorrow Rachel and I head off to Antigua for the weekend! Woop woop!! We will be staying a 5 star hotel with our translators Olivia and Alejandra until Monday.  We will go shopping and sight seeing and just have a good time enjoying each others company.  Monday, we will come back to the center with the team that will be with us for the rest of the week.  The rest of mine and Rachel's internship will be spent working with the teams that travel to GUA to work at the center.  I will be leading the Bunny (1-2 yr olds) and Chick (3-5 yr olds) workers and Rachel will lead the Dolphin (seriously ill children) and Canary (infant-1 yr old) workers.  I'm a little nervous to be responsible for the workers in my rooms, but I think I will do alright.  Both me and Rachel will give the teams their orientation at the hotel this Sunday night and I couldn't be more excited.
  The kids here are all doing great, we have had an unusual influx of new kids the past week.  The newest edition to the canary room is Wilder and he's having a bit of a hard time ajusting to life at the center.  He ends up just crying all the time and he is extremely clingy.  Please pray that he will soon become accustomed to the nannies and other workers here at the malnutrition center.

  Yesterday was bunnies Hilda and Genaro's birthday! They turned two and I made sure and told them feliz cumpleaños, though, I doubt they know what I was talking about ;) here's their pictures:
Genaro

Hilda

  Genaro is very shy, but once he gets to know you, he is very funny and smiley.  Genaro is also a very content kid, it takes a lot to make him angry which is saying a lot for the drama filled bunny class ;).  Hilda is the toughest and biggest of all the bunnies.  Despite her size she isn't a bully to the smaller kids and she's a super sweet little girl!  I've seen her go up to other kids and give them toys or just check on a crying peer to see what the problem is.  They are both a real blessing and I feel privileged to know them.
  I hope everyone is enjoying these posts, I know I do :)  If you have any questions you'd like answered or kids you would like to see more of, you can email me or send me a Facebook message.  I miss and love all of you so much and it means the world to me when I see how much you all read my posts.  I will be uploading gobs of pictures this weekend so stay tuned!
Love,
Cierra

1 comment:

  1. �� Have a blast this weekend and I can't wait to hear about the zip lining. You are going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete